1939 MERCEDES-BENZ MODEL G4 OFFENER TOURING WAGON

The G4 touring wagon was developed for the German army and produced from 1934 to 1939. In outstanding original condition, this G4 has only been restored as needed and features original upholstery on the front seats. This particular G4, 440875, was originally delivered to Adolph Hitler in late 1939 and was used by the Fuhrer in Ober Salzberg, Berlin and Poland until seized by the French Army at Berchtesgaden.

Manufacturer: 

Daimler Benz Aktiengesellschaft, Werk Stuttgart-Unterturkheim, Germany

Chassis Number: 

440875

Engine Number: 

440868

Coach Builder: 

Sindelfingen

Body: 

Special Touring Car

Engine: 

Single overhead cam, 5401 ccm Eight-Cylinder

Drive: 

4-speed transmission, shaft-driven tandem rear axles

Horse Power: 

110

Number Built: 

57

Installed Options: 

Bullet-proof windshield and side windows Folding front passenger seat to facilitate standing for greeting crowds Pistol holsters and compartments throughout

Exhibit Type: 

  • Automobiles
http://lyonairmuseum.org/sites/default/files/styles/page_title/public/GOPR0214_1.JPG?itok=DwwE0sky