The G4 touring wagon was developed for the German army and produced from 1934 to 1939. In outstanding original condition, this G4 has only been restored as needed and features original upholstery on the front seats. This particular G4, 440875, was originally delivered to Adolph Hitler in late 1939 and was used by the Fuhrer in Ober Salzberg, Berlin and Poland until seized by the French Army at Berchtesgaden.
1939 MERCEDES-BENZ MODEL G4 OFFENER TOURING WAGON
Daimler Benz Aktiengesellschaft, Werk Stuttgart-Unterturkheim, Germany
Special Touring Car
Single overhead cam, 5401 ccm Eight-Cylinder
4-speed transmission, shaft-driven tandem rear axles